Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, December 31, 2012

Adios 2012...



Has it really happened? Has 2012 already ended? And to think that this time last year I was still in my first area, calm, nothing to worry about, not a care in the world...but now...what is happening?!

Well, I hope everyone had as good a week as I did, and would you care to know why?

I got to speak with my family!

Loved that, and loved to hear that everyone is doing well. I certainly was jealous of the Christmas snow and the Christmas food and the Christmas time and the Christmas music...BUT! Christmas here was awesome as well.

I was blessed to receive a package from loving parents just before Christmas and was able to open it as my gift from Santa and enjoy Christmas candy! What a joyful, joyful moment. I also ate my bodyweight in tamales and chop suey and met a lot of people! It really brings out the best of people, the Christmas season (Spanish grammar) and we met 2 families this week that are truly amazing. The Gonzalez family is an old investigator from a loooooong time ago when he lived with a branch president here in Copan for 6 years (how he didn’t get baptized then...we shall find out) and his new girl who he plans to marry. They are just great, and live close to the church!

The Martinez family we met doing service lifting sacks up a hill. They let us in (sadly we lost the lady who we helped lift up the sacks) but they mentioned how grateful she was for all the help. They had a lot of questions, but I really felt the spirit as we testified of the Restoration and I have high hopes for them!

We had a Christmas activity on Saturday of a huge dinner in the church. A TON of people showed up! It was great! My companion and I made a Mexican dish and everyone complained it was too spicy, and then assumed that in the states we don’t eat spicy stuff, but I told them my dad taught me that if I’m not sweating, it isn’t hot enough. It was great, and we found some new people to teach thanks to that!

Anyway, I got the urge to go play football, so until next year folks!

Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham