Alright, so we had a pretty awesome week. I don’t have a ton of time, so
I shall try to make this short and sweet, just like me!
I hope that each and every one of you had an amazing week!
As you can see by the picture, we had a baptism! That is the Webster
family. Everyone except the older gentleman in that picture is a member now.
The thing was, of the two young men, the older boy was baptized when he turned
9. He is now close to 13, but they can’t find his records anywhere in the
system. So, basically we had to baptize him again. But, he has a younger
brother who is 9 years old, and he was able to pass the interview to be
baptized as well! So, all was well on Saturday with the baptism of those two.
Basically, this week for me was a week of “getting used” to things. I
still was a little shocked by the calling of Senior Companion, and how to keep
things going. We had a pretty unfortunate mix-up with the papers of one man, so
their wedding and proceeding baptism of the member’s wife was delayed. But, as
is, they are still excited and have the desire to get married (after having
lived together at least 13 years).
This week we really dedicated ourselves to working with members a lot so
that they are animated and help us out with what we must do as missionaries. We
made a lot of visits to strengthen their testimonies and with the purpose of
being able to find their friends. We have learned that the word
"Reference" is as bad as a swear word, and so we have to teach them,
and basically take out the reference without them even noticing what is going
on. But, we have seen some success. We have found a few people through members
who are showing general interest and the desire to keep learning more and keep
coming to church. On the other hand, there is still a lot of work to do with
the members. The branch has been here for almost 30 years and is struggling to
progress. That is one of our big goals is to get us progressing and able to
achieve Ward status.
Also, on Saturday we decided we wanted to fast so that we could feel the
Spirit a little more. As we walked around looking for lunch, a truck of members
from Colorado shows up and invites us out to lunch. Happily, we hop in the car
and they take us out to burgers. And mmmmmm...I felt just like home eating that
burger, because usually Honduran quality is not good with burgers...but felt
like I was eating genuine beef and grilled with genuine taste! HUZZAH!
Anyway, the work progresses. I love each and every one of you. I shall
keep praying for you and begging for your prayers for me! I utilize them much!
All my love,
Elder Tinkham