Anyway...today I don’t
have any USB ports in my computer...so I can’t put pictures in here. Darn...
Anyway, this week
ended up being pretty dang interesting with a lot, and I mean a lot of
ups and downs. I learned quite a bit about planning, about goal setting, about
working with the members, and about the need to never doubt or fear what is
coming, but to always keep trusting in the Lord. That is the most important
part. Something I struggle with is, if an appointment falls through, I struggle
to think of what it is we can do. But, I just know that we need to pray, listen
for the inspiration, know that the appointment fell through for a reason, and
keep on following the inspiration that comes. It is an easy process, but it is
hard to remember in the moment. But, this week we ended up going on inspiration
a lot.
Some highlights are:
Herbert, a member from
San Pedro Sula who came to live here, got married literally by surprise last
Tuesday, and has been working like crazy with the men who work at his business.
He invited them all over to his house, and we passed a good night watching The
Restoration and answering the questions that they had. It was great to hear
that, thanks to his help, we were able to teach all of them. They all had
mentioned how they probably would not have let us enter if they weren’t invited
by Herbert. It was a great lesson, even though they didn’t have a remote
control and we ended up watching the video in English, they felt the Spirit of
the video through what they were able to see.
Enrique, a member who
owns a store and a bakery invited us to his house for a Family Home Evening
with his family, and 2 families of investigators. He made 4 HUGE pizzas (I hear
there are pictures of it on Facebook) and we all helped out make them (that is,
the men). It turned out being a great fellowshipping night more than anything,
and I know that those investigators have better friends within the church now.
Karen, she is a 22-24
year old who is living with a member. They are both students together and
became best friends. Damaris, the member, helps us out a ton. She always makes
sure to remind Karen to read and pray and do all the things she should. She has
a lot of questions, but we taught the Plan of Salvation, and it was exactly
what she needed to hear with what has happened within her family. She already
has made several friends within the Branch, and she loves coming to church. The
only thing that is left is to challenge her, and watch the Spirit work
amazingly in her life.
Leticia, she is a
member who was baptized in the 70s and has been inactive forever. Her family are
all non-members. So, we began teaching and reactivating. The best part is her
husband loves the church and what we teach. He is the manager of a television
station here on the island, and he put all the Mormon commercials and
everything on there.
So...that is the week
in a nutshell. Unfortunately I am out of time!
I love you all!
Elder Tinkham