Aloha! Hello to all my family and friends! It is a shock and surprise to
be sitting here writing AGAIN! Yeesh! We had a pretty awesome week here in
Roatán!
First of all, I shall speak of investigators. We are
teaching a guy named Jorge who is the brother of a recent convert. He is living
in a house with a big Jehovah´s Witness influence, but he seems to really like
our church. He has been getting into a lot of arguments with his mother-in-law
because of it. But, he has been defending the Book of Mormon and the church
through it all! So, I am really hopeful for him, and he has some great
influences in his family and is really a great father with his very young son.
The only potential problem I see is that he is a little afraid of having us in
the house because of the contentious nature there.
Melissa is a lady from Jamaica that speaks hardly any
Spanish. She is an Adventist, but has many of the exact same ideas as we have.
She will just need to end up accepting the Book of Mormon and I think all of
these questions that she has will end up going away! She is a great lady and
has a strong conviction to things. I am also very hopeful with her!
Pamela is a reference we received from an RM. He brought her
to the Noche de Hermandamiento that we had and she really liked it. Due to
circumstances I still don´t know, she couldn´t make it to church. But, she was
very excited to be able to go. So I hope it wasn´t anything too severe. She is
a very sincere woman and really likes being here on the island and wants to
make a few changes in her life.
Well, the biggest event of note was the Assistants to the
President coming here on Thursday with Elder and Sister John to bring them to
work on the island, and they stayed and worked with us until Sunday and left
back to San Pedro Sula with Elder and Sister Roper. I shall miss those two
dearly, but I know that the work will continue and that we shall pull of great
things with the Johns!
Anyway, I am almost out of time, so...I love you all! Have
the best week ever!
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham