Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, July 29, 2013

Party Planner, House Hunter, and Mission Traveler!‏

I tried to be creative and think of things that sound like shows that my mom used to watch. I know that House Hunters was one...but the rest, well, not so much. But basically explains how and what I did this week!

So once again I was out house hunting. The house for the sisters didn´t work out. Thus, I had to go and walk around in the hot beach-side sun looking for a relatively cheap and well-located house for the sisters to live. I really hope that they appreciate this place...because it really has taken a lot to find it. But I have gotten to know the touristic city of Tela SUPER well thanks to all these adventures, perhaps the best I could, not having it as my area! How interesting. Thus, I am now an official and expert house hunter and I’m very tough at haggling down prices and getting owners to fix things before moving in.

Also, we have been traveling all around the stake in which we serve. We are giving Ward Counsel Training to all the leaders based on the new videos that are out on the LDS website to train us. They are gems! I really have learned a lot and I am pretty excited to be able to work and serve in a Ward Counsel upon returning home. But I have gotten to know many people and places thanks to the journey!

Also, I had a meeting with President Klein and my companion in San Pedro Sula. Now, this was a great blessing! San Pedro is now outside of my mission, and so we were blessed to be able to leave and revel in the glories of San Pedro Sula! I bought myself a hammock and the what not to enjoy when I return! I have been wanting one awhile now! But it was a great meeting! I dunno if it is just having a new president, President Klein’s character, or being a leader...but we have been able to have many great spiritual and edifying meetings with him. I am really starting to realize just how inspired he really is! Sure, it is a lot different than having been with President Veirs, but hey! I am enjoying every moment of it!

We also brought about a stake service activity. But...sadly the stake didn´t support it so well. My companion and I worked hard on it and got the wards to announce and everything, but it just didn´t really happen. We had about 30 people there, which was quite sad for a whole stake. But, we accomplished the purpose which was an effort against Dengue, a virus transferred by mosquitoes. It was great! I was happy to work alongside many fellow members with our Manos Mormones que Ayudan.

So hence were my adventures of this week! Thus I am not too far off nor too crazy with summing up the adventures of the week! And I hope that each and every one of you has had an equal week and will have an amazing week this week!

Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham