Alright, as
I was just talking to my companion in the morning that I honestly felt like
P-day was 2 days ago. I think that this was the fastest, most hectic week of my
mission! And thus ties in the story of HOW!
So after
writing, an amazing family of recent converts invited us to Pizza Hut. Now, this
isn’t your American-type “Eh, I feel lazy today. We will call up a pizza.” No,
here in Central America, Pizza Hut is a super expensive, super HUGE 5 star
restaurant with waiters, giant tables...etc. So they ordered 2 huge pizzas with
starters of hot wings and bread, and they tell us elders to just go to town. So
I probably drank 7 glasses of juice, ate 3 wings, 2 pieces of bread, and 5.5
pieces of pizza. It is just such a bizarre concept to me to go into a sit-down
pizza hut and have a waiter catering to me as if I were in some fancy place!
On Tuesday I
was on divisions in my area with Elder Lewis from Elko Nevada. Who knows where
that is! It was a great day and we had a lot of great citas with our
investigators, but we noticed an incoming need that loomed over us the whole
time. So they are sending out missionaries to open up 3 new areas in my zone,
thanks to the MASSIVE influx of missionaries! And thanks to the fact that my
mission is now half the size. So, we have to find places for all of the
missionaries to live upon their arrival! And, Elder Lewis’ area was a special
case.
They are
sending sisters.
Ay ay ay! So
we had to head out super early in the morning to get a bus for the looooong bus
ride out to Tela and look for a really nice, really safe and really pretty
house for sisters. We were going to get there, find it, and I would get out
with Elder Guadamuz from Nicaragua, because my companion had to stay and do
damage control in a branch. We were going to get in and out. But, turns
out...that we spent more than 5 hours looking for a house (and after dividing
the areas, printing contracts and eating) and missed the last bus to Progreso!
Great...so here I am without extra clothes, without a place to stay, and still
without a house for the sisters. So, I stay in a sketchily-arranged hammock in
a tiny hot house with the elders and slept "great." We wake up next
morning, and head out to find a house again! Yaaaaay! But after meeting my
companion, we actually found a pretty nice place, and exactly what the office
wanted. So, we hurried and made an agreement with the owner and headed off. Hope
the sisters are grateful!
Then, on
Friday we had to do the same in another area, but lucky that was for elders. We
found this pretty amazing house. Huge, pretty, clean, open space...amazing. But
it was too cheap and too good to be true. We had the elders in that area investigate
it that night, and turns out we almost agreed to a contract of a drug-dealer
house! They said that the members are always talking about how they hear gun
shots and see lots of shady action. So yeah...we are pretty dang happy we didn’t
go with that house! Sheesh!
But yeah,
this week was crazy and just full of surprises. I think I will be an expert at
looking for houses when I get home.
So yes, I
love you all! Hope that you have an amazing week! I know I most definitely will
this week!
Vaya Pues!
Elder
Tinkham