Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, July 1, 2013

East side, baby!‏




East side, representing!
---
 Sorry, just a little excited that I have now received my assignment, and that I am left on the East side of the mission! a.k.a. the side with Roatan, the beaches, the coconuts...etc. The touristy part.

I feel right at home!

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN! Wow...I can’t believe you are already 16...I remember when I pulled you around the house in that little Lego wagon we had...and now look at you...with a driver’s license! Yikes!

Well, all that pleasant banter aside, needless to say, I am very content with this change. Sad, because President Veirs is now home. Happy, because President Klein is an amazing man! (and I will get to know that amazingness on Wednesday when he comes through Progreso to meet all us missionaries!). And very happy because my new companion, Elder Zepeda, is awesome! He is from Nicaragua, and has 18 months in his mission. But he became a Zone Leader at 11 months, and is super smart and super experienced as a leader! We are already bringing about super awesome stuff, and I am very excited and very honored to be working with him.

This week was a very interesting week. We were distracted with many different things. But in all, we ended the week strong. We have unfortunately had to drop many investigators and are in the process of looking for many new people to teach. It was full of crazy and different experiences, going to the airport to pick up parents (not a good idea, elders shouldn’t go to the airport!), seeing hilarious but well-done skits as a farewell, climbing mountains, and taking charge of an area/zone at the same time.

Needless to say, there is work to be done. We have high goals, and high expectations for us from our new President, and we have got to step up to those! And we can do it, our new zone isn’t very new...there were only 4 changes, but it is full of powerful people. We have lots of new ideas and lots of new things going on, and I have to say I am learning so much.

I love being here, I love being a missionary, and I love my family. Change is sad, but it brings improvement, and excitement. Here we are, the tools in the hands of the Lord. How great a cause is the one that we have embarked upon.

Losing oneself is the greatest joy ever-

Elder Tinkham