Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, November 19, 2012

Elder Tinkham: Tourist once again!‏




Hello to all my friends and family! Your good ol' pal Elder Tinkham is FREEEEZZZIIIING! (exaggeration, but not by much). And, enjoying the fact that I am once again a tourist!

So, as I mentioned last week, I had changes. Well, I have been transferred to Copan Ruinas, or the famous Ruins of Copan, Honduras. I am 20 minutes away from Guatemala (as you can see by the picture of me in Guatemala) and it maintains cold here from about September until February. But wow...it is beautiful here! But, once again, it is a "hard" area because people are busy with tourism and everything. Also, there are far too many gringos here. It scares me.

Well, honestly, it has been quite an interesting change. I am with Elder Novoa from Nicaragua. He has 6 months in his mission, and this is his 2nd area. He hasn't seen much success here, and feels a little discouraged. But, we are working on that a lot! Here we are in a branch...surprise surprise haha. And I just think it is funny how I have been stuck in branch after branch since my first area! We have an average attendance of 33, 36...depends. And...well, the most interesting part is that my companion and myself are the counselors to the Branch President. I have to sign checks, help out with giving aid from the church, go to all the meetings with the President...all that big stuff. Not that there are no good members, but they have just stuck some of the male members in other places, and we just have been assigned by the mission president to be the counselors.

We don't have a ton of investigators at the moment, but we are in the process of finding us some! We had 2 investigators show up to church last Sunday, which was really good because we also had elections here in Honduras, and EVERYONE was going crazy! A ton of our members didn't even show up because of that reason.

Anyway...not much else to report. Technically I still haven't seen the Ruins, but we will be going soon on P-day (it is a little costly to enter...) but that is definitely high on the priority list!

And thus...we end. Love you all, have a great week!

Vaya Pues,
Elder Tinkham