Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, November 26, 2012

Elder Tinkham, the crypt keeper?‏

Helloooooo once again to all my friends and family! A shivering Elder Tinkham sending his love from Copan Ruins! I hope that everyone has been having an amazing week!

As for us, it has been a pretty interesting week. A lot of the members here live out in the pueblitos of Copan Ruinas, so we end up having to climb a lot of mountains. It truly takes the breath away to see the landscape. Before I forget, http://www.amazon.com/Another-Testament-Reflections-Mark-Mabry/dp/1606411608 is a cool book that shows a lot of pictures of when Christ came here to the Americas. I know a lot of the people that appear there, because they live here in Copan and come to church. Pretty awesome!

We spent a lot of time teaching this week, we have a bit of a task ahead of us to find investigators. But, we found some good people and we had some great lessons with them as well. Truly we are trying to focus ourselves on the main town of Copan Ruinas instead of going too much out to the pueblos.

By far the most memorable day of the week was yesterday, we only went to Sacrament meeting and then we left to go to a funeral. A lady from our branch died, and we left to go to the service. Well, we got there and the grave wasn´t fully dug, so I jumped down and started digging the hole deeper with the pickax and shovel, and then we have to carry the coffin on our shoulders, because it didn´t have handles on the sides. Kind of...heavy...and uncomfortable. But, you know, we enjoyed the moment to share with the brothers of the branch.

I don´t have much more time...but I also can´t think of other outstanding things that happened. We are teaching English here and it is turning out a great success. That and my companion loves to learn. He is a fireball, but we are great friends.

Anyway, love you all! I promise to write more next week!

Vaya Pues,
Elder Tinkham