Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, November 5, 2012

A week of...normality?‏





I am already starting to lose the ability to think of creative names for e-mails...that and also because this week really was quite...normal! Also...it really does feel like I just barely talked to you all!

How have you all been? Good? I certainly hope so. How was Halloween? Here almost nobody talked about it, and then our Mission Leader was joking about how the gringos always go around passing out candy to everyone on Halloween. I considered the thought, considering I had a great costume: A tired, very happy missionary.

I have realized that training a new missionary makes you realize a lot of the tiny little details in which you may be slacking, and it has really helped me to keep on improving as a missionary. Honestly, there are a lot of tiny little details that we can overlook, but by completing them we really see a difference. The new training program for new missionaries is really an amazing program. The First 12 Weeks is what it is called, and it is amazing for allowing the new missionary to flourish right from the start. It also takes a lot of the burden off the back of the trainer haha.

Well, this week we kept on going on with what we got going on. Teaching a lot, praying a lot, working a lot, and hauling more wood! I think it is a very good thing I got my woodcutter´s chip waaaay back at Scout Camp, because I am now an official lumberjack! I just lack the beard and the hearty lumberjack laugh that comes from years of experience in the forests and the profoundness of a gut that can really unleash a booming chuckle. But, that shall come in time. For now we will keep going with the current job.

Julio is still an awesome investigator, and showed up on Sunday again without problems. He really is an awesome guy and my companion and I are dedicated to doing whatever we can to keep helping him. We are very happy about an upcoming baptism with him and his daughter.

Outside of that...well...not much to report. I did divisions with Elder Underwood from California this week. A really funny guy and a great teacher. He has a great method of teaching. I truly enjoyed it, but think it is super weird how I am now always the "older" missionary when we go on divisions. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!?

Thank you mother for the package, I truly did enjoy the sweets packed inside. I also loved the information about Les Mis, I do love that production very much and can often be caught singing songs from it in the street or in the shower.

Anywho...love you all! Until next week!

Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham