This week...well...was
actually really normal. We taught a lot of people, kept on getting people to be
prepared to enter the waters of baptism, and walking a lot in the rain. I do oh
so love the rain. But I have also been feeling a lot more tired these days.
Could it be that the time is starting to catch up to me? Well, all I know...is
that I will have to press on even harder! ON TO VICTORY!
Well, some of the key
events that happened this week were: Tuesday, we went to the viewing for a baby
who was 4 days old. In Honduras there is no embalming whatsoever, so they have
the viewing the same day as the death, and the funeral the next day. It was the
son of the brother of one of our members. He was really quite sad and in need
of hearing the blessing of our message. So, after talking a little bit, we got
to talking about the Plan of Salvation and how it is that we know he will see his
son again. How he came here just for a brief moment to give him a warning, and
the opportunity to come to the light. We went back on Friday and he had read
the entire pamphlet we left him, and happily accepted the Book of Mormon with
Moroni 8 as "homework" (as his family is Catholic and they didn’t
baptize the child). He is a great guy, and surprisingly looks like somebody I
know from the states...but I don’t know who (somebody famous).
On Thursday we gave
service to the Relief Society President who lives in this huuuuuuuuuuuuuge
territory. I literally had to take care of 20 lemon trees, rake up a crapload
of nances, oranges, and lemons, cut a huge branch of a lemon tree that had
fallen with a machete...a really great morning in fewer words. She also gave us
a bag of lemons that was packed with a ton of lemons. We then took the bag of
lemons to our cook’s house and she has made us lemonade every single day since
(because it really was a HUGE bag!)
On Friday we went to
go contact a lady we met in the bus, and as we showed up to a house we thought
"this should be it..." and called BUENAS! And she came around the
corner from the store "Ah! You found us!" and we entered to begin
teaching them. She has some 5 nieces and nephews serving or that have served or
are about to serve missions. So, we get to talking to them to destroy their Apostasy,
and then they call their member family members and hand me the phone! They then
proceed to tell me their 92 year old mom was close to baptism, and that we have
to go ahead and baptize her! Alright! I think in my head. Then, they tell us
that they want to introduce us to other cousins that live here in La Jutosa. I
just kind of sat there in amazement that stuff like that just passed through
within mere moments of knowing the people. Very very loving and brought us some
7up and everything! We shall be returning there soon!
We also started an
English class. Last Friday, only 5 people showed up, but we are planning a lot
for publicity these days. It should end up being awesome within a short amount
of time...I just have to get better at teaching it!
We are getting close
to the baptism of Ericka, an investigator we have been teaching for a little
bit. The only problem is she is an awesome goalie and plays for a semi-pro team
here in Choloma. So, she ends up being occupied on Sundays a lot. But, we keep
on working with her about that.
Anyway, I am so out of
time. I love you all! Have an amazing week!
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham