But in a short recap,
this week was crazy. We had to conduct/preside 2 Zone Meetings in which we had
to animate/inspire/inform/set goals for our missionaries. We tried new stuff,
because we are done with boring meetings. We play games with a teaching purpose,
we have spiritual experiences getting out of our seats, we do cheers, and we
try breaking out of the normal in other terms. It was a great experience, but
just ridiculous. Also ridiculous, because we had the usual change meeting.
Of course, seeing as
how I am brand new in this area, they didn’t take my companion away! Looks like
I will be killing Elder Roper! Yeah!
However, our whole
zone had changes. And they even took both elders out of one area to put new
ones in. And, they opened up a new area with elders who are only in charge of
working through less active members. They cannot contact or just work out in
the street. They have to work with inactive members, get them active, and get
references from them (husband/wife, children, brothers, friends, etc.). They
are already having tons of success.
So we kept working really
hard this week, and we didn’t have as many results as we would have liked. But
on Friday I was on divisions in my area with our new DL Elder Tatupu from
Hawaii. We got lost twice, but he is a HILARIOUS guy. I honestly loved working
with him and I am so happy that he is in our zone to take care of business.
Everyone else I am really happy with. And we even have one of my old companions
here now who is a senior companion.
But yes, until next
week! I love you all and I promise pictures/more info next week!
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham