Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, May 6, 2013

Is this really happening?‏

Wow...I am still in shock. I can’t really get over this fact that all has come down around me at once! But sadly, we are running low on time, so I shall try to cram this all into one compact and awesome e-mail!

However, this has truly been an incredible week. I am amazed at how much I learned and changed in a week. It is a very great change in lifestyle being changed in such a dramastic way. To be honest...I can’t explain a lot of it.

On Tuesday we went to the first District Meeting where I had to give a training segment to everyone, and get to know all the elders in my zone. Sooooo crazy. I am just in over my head like I said.

We have had to work like crazy in our area to get stuff done, so every day we have gone on divisions to teach as many people as possible and try and place as many baptismal fechas as possible. We have been a little low in our area/zone, and so we have to pick things up.

On Thursday we had leadership meeting, and we were thrown a curve ball. Because of the great influx of sisters coming into the mission field, they have placed many sisters in leadership positions in missions all over the world. They are something like assistants to the president, but only over the hermanas. It was just super interesting to see sisters there and to get chewed out by them for some things that we aren’t doing. Sad day. But! We heard a ton of amazing points and even got to hear from the local Area Seventy, Elder Ocampo. Soooo cool.

On Friday, our Zone had interviews. Again. Well...last time in April I was still in La Lima...but yeah. Pretty funny. So we had to go back to San Pedro Sula for that, but this time my interview was waaaaay different. And turns out we were the last zone to have interviews with Pres. Veirs ever. That is really sad. I will miss him a lot. And after the interviews, I brought a change of clothes and headed to Tela, a super cool touristic area on the beach to do divisions with one of the DLs, Elder Ward. I couldn’t take any pictures, because we got there late and had to get out to work...but it was really cool. Guess I shall just have to go another day!

So yes, that was just an overview of the week, and I apologize for not having more time. Love you all! Keep praying for me, I need it!

Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham