Hello to one and all
once again! Honestly, I don’t know how I can be sitting here again writing to
you all. It feels like the time flies by illegally fast to be true! But, it is
the sad truth, and I have come to know it oh so well.
It is raining...so
luckily it isn’t as hot. But it is more humid than the ocean here! Sheesh!
So this week
was...interesting. We didn’t do anything outstanding, and it was a bit of a
tough week. In the end we were pretty happy, but it was a bit of a battle to
get there.
I was on divisions with
one of our DLs. He has been having a few problems having people for baptism.
But, while we were there we placed 3 baptismal dates and I met tons of awesome
people that are willing to get baptized and join the kingdom of God. He is a
great guy and just needs a little bit of help to get to know how to do the
things the way that the Lord wants us to do them. I know I definitely needed it
when I became a Zone Leader, and that is why President and the Lord graced me
with Elder Roper to help me out! It is a huuuuuuge area and we walked quite a
bit, so I suppose it was a good thing I got some new shoes!
An ooooold member came
back from Mexico this week. He brought his entire family that lives here in
Progreso to church with him when they came back. Thanks to that, we had tons of
people at church and lots of sweet references. And after, we went to his house
and he just told us, "Hey, the members need to help out more. We are going
to go and visit less actives with you 2 on Saturday and on Thursday to the
activity we are going to give you lots of references of our friends."......after
a moment with our jaws on the ground we got ourselves together and happily
agreed! I love it when we get so much support from the people that really want
to help us out.
This month was pretty
dang low in baptisms, but this next month we are looking at lots of baptisms
here in the zone. We are really happy and really hopeful for our elders now.
President has high hopes for our mission to get 400 baptisms this month, so
that the new mission presidents can come in and see that we can obtain 200 in
each mission! It will be done! The work of the Lord is definitely progressing,
and it will fill the earth.
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham