Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, March 4, 2013

The Spirit of God like a FIRE is burning!‏




Alright...before anything...the Spirit of God isn’t the only thing burning. Despite what my mom said...I followed tradition and burned pants on the anniversary of 18 months!

.....wait.......

18 MONTHS?!?!?! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!

YIKES! I am a little scared now! I just...want to know...where all that time went! Come baaaaaaack! ...well, it can’t come back. So, I shall just have to keep going forward and make the rest the best of memories possible. I am determined to do that, determined to learn the most possible from each and every person and investigator out there!

And read the Bible completely (I am in 1 Chronicles...got a ways to go)

And read the Book of Mormon 2 more times (Gonna do it!)

But yes, this week was just charmingly delicious! (As you can see by the MONSTER of a milkshake I ate today in our zone. Wow...that thing can fill a grown man FAST!) It was a great P-day today with many old and new friends...and a growing love for soccer!

I can’t think of any OUTSTANDING events that happened this week...just the fact that on Tuesday we were out in an area called San Jose and the buses stop leaving early. Well, we were waiting for a bus at about 5:45...and the buses stopped coming! I don’t know why, but every bus that came in decided that they aren’t leaving anymore! So...we were stuck! Until our bishop came and picked us up at night! Luckily we weren’t just 2 gringos hanging out in the park or something, but we were at a member’s house teaching and making a whole lot of noise.

I love my new area and my companion. It is the perfect duo to make this point of my mission amazing. We have a baptism planned this Saturday and a whooooooole lot of references from the temple open house to start working with - some 230 people, at least! So, I think our work is a little set up for us. Just gotta be present and see the miracles happen.

Our Lord loves us.

Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham