I hope that the title is self-explanatory. Because...it is HOT. I can´t believe just how hot the sun can be when you walk outside! Honestly...living close to the equator has it´s downsides sometimes. Yeesh!
And, of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Thursday to my OLDER brother Tyler! Sheesh! 23! Getting pretty old there! I will eat Baleadas and drink a lot of banana soda in your honor!
Well, I hope that everyone is enjoying their week. I hear it snowed...how delightful...if you want to share, I would be more than willing to receive! But apart from that, I hope that all your wildest dreams have come true, or that the Christmas miracles are right around the corner to make it happen!
That was a mouthful!
So I put myself to the task of mastering Spanish tongue twisters this week. It was quite the feat, and I had people laugh at me a lot...but I enjoyed it. Very very funny. Pancha plancha con cuatro planchas. ¿Con cuantas planchas plancha pancha? Try saying THAT 5 times fast!
So this week was a great growing week for me. We took a wrong bus coming back to our area, and so we had to ask around and find out where the correct bus was. My poor little gringo companion was so worried! But I learned a lot about the true inspired counsel of the leaders of the church. Especially those of the mission president. I have always tried my best to put into practice the things he teaches me, but this week I REALLY tried! And because of it, we had great success in lessons with a member, news, references...and so forth! But, we were really struggling in investigators at church. I don´t know what happened, all the investigators that said they were excited about church on Friday or Saturday just...didn´t show. It was tough for me, but the bishop invited us to Ward Council and we got the gears in motion for a ward mission activity and to get these people bouncing!
Also, I read a talk this week (I don`t remember by who) called The Testifying and Challenging Missionary. It has opened my eyes, smacked me 360º and changed how I teach. I now focus on not being afraid, testifying about everything, and challenging basically EVERYONE to be baptized. It is crazy the change I have seen! The people tend to show if they will progress or not from that moment if we start in that way. And, they feel the Spirit testify to them in so many more ways now! It’s incredible!
Other than that, nothing incredibly exciting happened this week. We went to a viewing for our convert’s father who passed away. He was taking it a little hard, but I know he will pull through and become amazing thanks to this experience!
Anywho, I love this work! I love being a missionary and I gotta say, I love training!
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham