I have had this song from Another Testament of Christ called “A Moment Just for Me” in my head ALL week! I have probably listened to it 50 times in just 7 days (my poor companion!) It is such a precious song about Christ`s love for us in the context of when He came to the Americas! I highly recommend it!
Anywho...hope that ya`ll have had just a peachy green week! I certainly enjoyed my time here in La Paz! Mainly because of the baptism of Ivan! He is a young singe adult (he is about to turn 24) and his brother has been a member for a while. He served in the Comayaguela mission! Anyway, Ivan is a super smart tech nerd with a lot of knowledge! He had a great desire to get baptized, and put his own baptismal date! That is great! I love it when investigators do that! He fully participates in Sunday School and priesthood and everything. I enjoy having met him and being able to call him my friend. I enjoy thoroughly spending time with him!
Other than that nothing outstanding happened to us. We went out with members a ton so that we could get to know the areas even better. We met a few members (well, found their houses...we had met them before) that are super excited to work with us. They want to give us references and food as well! I am super excited to work with them and help their friends come close to the gospel! I honestly love being in a ward with a large supply of members. I never realized just how big a difference it makes between merely knocking doors and receiving a viable reference from a member and having them actively help us out! Love it!
Anyway, the temple dedication for the Tegucigalpa temple is this Sunday. I am SUPER excited! I hear Pres. Uchtdorf is in town to do that! We will be hearing over satellite (I mean, they didn`t let us go to the open house, much less the dedication) but it will be an amazing experience. This beautiful country will finally have a temple to call its own and I cannot wait to see the blessings of it flood into their lives. And also, our stake already has an outing planned at the temple the Thursday after it is dedicated. The work of the Lord is hastening, and I most certainly don`t want to get left behind!
I love this work. I love my Savior. The vineyard is being harvested for the last time.
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham