So we
ended up going to the ruins again...hence the awesome picture of the temple.
Pretty sweet, if you ask me!
Oh yes...sorry...how
are you all doing? Just delightful, I hope! So, this week was pretty
interesting. Mainly because...emergency changes. It happened as thus *breaks
out best old-timey English that he can’t remember*:
So, Sunday night we
get a call at about 11 telling us that my companion had changes on Wednesday,
and that we had to be at the mission office at 8 am. Wow. Ok...so Monday my
companion spent the time saying goodbye to members and investigators. He was
really worried about money because he spent all his allowance for the week on
an iPod touch...not too smart.
But on Tuesday, we had
to go spend the night in La Entrada. So, we went to our District Meeting and
then I did divisions with Elder Holden again. He is like, the coolest guy ever.
Well, Wednesday rolls around (a little bit too early) and we hop on a bus at 5
am to make it to the office on time. We got there (in a bus that was passing up
semi trucks on curves!) and after a little battle with some taxi drivers,
showed up to an office full of gringos! There were a TON there! I was freaked
out I would be training a white kid...but luckily that didn’t happen! So, we
start out a really odd change meeting that didn’t even really have spiritual
thoughts, just...all the sudden the changes started! I am now with Elder Mower.
He has 9 months in his mission, and is from Utah. Yes, Utah...and to make it
better he is from Sandy! He lives in the neighborhood behind Jordan High
School...I drove by there a TON when I was going to the Tech Center!
So we finally made it
back to the house on Wednesday to only hear a bunch of crap that the US lost to
Honduras in soccer (haha) and meet a few members.
And, aside from
that...well...nothing incredibly exciting has happened. Just the fact that
Elder Mower is a sparkling ray of sunshine and probably the funniest person in
our mission. He is so...how shall I put it...spiritually sassy. Like, we have
great studies and lessons, but as we walk along in the street and hang out in
the house...he makes me laugh so hard with his comments.
So, yes...we had some
long nights this week, thanks to some impossible odds...gotta keep my mind on
the [scriptures]. I smell an innuendo!
Love you all!
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham