Just keep on rollin’ with them song lines as titles. Yup. Might be a new trend. We shall see how long the internal song library in my brain can keep up with random happenings of the week!
Anywho...I am in WAY
over my head!
So...I just found out
some...40 minutes ago...that I have CHANGES! NOOOOOOOOOO! I don’t want to leave
Copan so fast! I am very distraught by this news. Especially because Elder
Mower is the coolest cat in the whole mission of Honduras, San Pedro Sula, and we
were only able to share together a measly 2 weeks! If even that...very very
soul crushing. But, the Lord’s ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my
thoughts. But...it really is sad. I haven’t been here long enough and we had
just made plans to change this place around.
Well, today was
awesome. We climbed up to some awesome caves and we hung out with 4 other
gringo elders in the district. Really, it was one of my better P-days. We took
4 guides as well, members from the branch and an investigator. They loved going
out with us, I know they would have liked to do more, but the rest of the
elders were pretty far from their areas and needed to get back. So, we had to
cut it pretty short. Which was kinda sad. But, there were ancient Mayan pots
and such, lots of GIANT spiders, and secret walls and holes we could squeeze
into. I had a BLAST and have a few new scars to prove it! I was definitely in
over my head doing some of the stuff that was going on today.
So, the last week was
a pretty cool week, we did a ton of visiting less active members to try and get
the church going like it should. We even had members that planned and invited
people to a Noche de Hermanamiento by themselves! That was pretty incredible!
It was a bit of a struggle at church...but we need to continue on. The Savior
was never discouraged or brought down by problems when he was on the
Earth...who am I to complain or slack off?
Alright, I love you
all!
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham