Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, August 13, 2012

Ernesto, my good old friend‏


HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOO everyone! Us here on the island are doing just fabulous! Sending wishes of love and joy! At the moment we are 4 persons, Zone Leaders Hafen and Garcia are here with us. But we also have another guest with us. President Veirs! He and his wife are here with their son.

For lack of time I shall jump right in!

Ernesto the hurricane came in late Monday and into Tuesday. Supposedly it was supposed to be somewhat of a dead on course of taking us out, but turned all of a sudden. So, we were basically just told to go sleep in the church on Monday for safety reasons due to the precarious position of our home on the hill and then we couldn’t leave in the morning on Tuesday. But, when we saw the weather was nothing but rain, we decided to leave after eating lunch (mainly because I was SUPER bored).

We met Roger and his wife Yadira this week. Roger is a super inactive member and brother of a convert of mine, Lesbia. He does seem quite interested in returning to the church and bringing along his wife and daughter. She is also super interested in the church and loved the story of Joseph Smith. All we need now is to keep teaching, keep challenging to be baptized and in some few short weeks she shall become a new member of the church and they can become a forever family!

I also went painting a lot. Turns out that I wasn’t very good to start out, but with a little practice, I starting to get good! So that is pretty exciting. An adventure, certainly. Also, an old investigator we have been talking with awhile told us that she decided she wanted to get baptized and said that the first Saturday of September will be her day. We are ecstatic for her!

We also had a ton of members bring friends to church on Sunday, and EVERYONE stayed the whole time! I was truly shocked and happy to see everyone there, and we picked up several new investigators thanks to that. We also spent some time seeing when the Zone Leaders were going to show up. They came to "help us out," but I think they really just want to see what Roatan is like haha.

Anyway, it was a good week, nothing amazing. But all in all we are feeling just fabulous. I wish the same for each and everyone out there on the "solid ground" and that this week will be amazing!

Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham