Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, August 20, 2012

The time has come‏


Elder Tyler Tinkham served part of his mission in Juticalpa

The man on the left is Elder Dallin Tinkham's mission president.
The man on the right is Elder Tyler Tinkham's mission president.

Hello to each and everyone of you! Unfortunately, the time is escaping me. So, I shall start the e-mail now!

I was informed this morning that I will be transferred this Wednesday. Of course, I don't know where I will be going. But, I will leave with several tears (seeing as how I have come to love the people here far too much) but the hope and knowledge that the Lord is preparing other people for me in another part of Honduras. Ciao, Roatan.

This week we worked SUPER hard. It was a great week, and I honestly felt super happy as the week went by. The fear of transfers was constantly looming over me.

So, we started out by having interviews with President Veirs. That was the reason behind having church clothes down at the beach, because we had to be dressed up to see him in his very luxurious hotel where he was staying at haha. I loved how we ended and President says, "I apologize for the ugly area for the interviews, Elder." But it was fantastic. We were able to work hard with the Zone Leaders and got a lot done. Then, I spent a real long time showing the John's around the island. They mentioned how they wanted to get to know where EVERY member I knew lived. So, that is exactly what we did. Truly...some hard work. I also needed to show Elder Barba where everyone was at as well so we climbed mountains, struggled through jungles, crossed scorching hot plains, and avoided the temptation to jump in the ocean to cool down to see everyone today.

The best news is that Olga, an investigator from awhile ago, has passed her baptismal interview and is ready to be baptized. She is very excited about it, and will be baptized very soon. She has gone through a great change in her life and I have loved being on the front row to see it. Then, her and her husband can be sealed in the temple together, because he is already a member! The other family is the family of David and Ondina. David's pay is coming through in the bank tomorrow or Wednesday, and they will be able to pay for their wedding and have Ondina and their kids get baptized together, along with David receiving the priesthood to be able to perform the ceremony. And, Karen is finishing up a project at school so that she can keep going to church and will be baptized within 2 weeks as well. I may not be around to see the services take place, but I will sleep well at night knowing that the efforts of 6 months have brought fruits.

Anyway...I love this place. I will be super sad to leave, but as I heard, goodbyes are never forever. I will definitely miss these people.

Until next week, same reporter, different locale!
Elder Tinkham