Aloha! Another hot week has passed us by incredibly fast...where
honestly has the time gone?
Well, for lack of time (due to some lengthy sight-seeing) I shall have
to cut to the point of this e-mail.
So, this week was a little bit of a tougher week, as many people left to
go do stuff seeing as how all the schools were on vacation this week, so a lot
of appointments fell through. But, we pulled it through with some great lessons
and some great people we found.
So, do you remember that dental clinic I talked about? Yeah, the great part
about that was the fact that every person that wasn’t a member had to write
down their name, number, and address. Thus, when we find ourselves without
anything to do, we can take heart in knowing that there is a guarantee someone
on that list lives in that same area. As such, we were able to find several new
people to teach and many of them are interested in what they heard at the
dental clinic. So, I said many many many many many many many times this week,
"Hello! Is this....?"
On Thursday, we invited a million and a half people to come to our Night
of Fellowship and we watched The Testaments. It actually turned out really good
and we handed out refreshments and everything. A lot of people loved it for the
cool story, the very awkward romantic scenes, the action, but mostly at the end
for the very intense spirituality you can feel when Jesus Christ comes. But,
for some reason it was so tiring to get everyone over there!
Friday we did divisions again. I went with the same member who is
getting reactivated and my companion once again went with Elder Roper (I think
he just wants me to work while he rides around in a car) and I realized just
what it is like to be a senior companion with how many questions and crazy
weird comments I heard. But, I also felt the affirmation of the Spirit as I
testified of the Book of Mormon like 500 times in one lesson.
Finally, Saturday was just crazy. We started teaching the new families
we found, and then we went and found Nacho, the partner of a lady who wants to
get married and baptized. He was always kind of cold to us and didn’t really
want to listen, but this time he unleashed his problems and his desires, and
gave the most amazing prayer I have ever heard at the end. I really grew in
respect and love for him. Then, we had to go and haul a ton of wood from one
end of the island to the church for a lady who is destroying her house to
go and build it in another spot. I think it is crazy, but you know...service is
service! We ate dinner with a member and she told us some crazy ridiculous
problems she is going through and we tried to solve them and then as we were
walking home, it started dumping rain and we had to briskly walk the 20 minutes
to get there.
But, alas, I am out of time. I shall have to write more next week, I
suppose.
I love you all, may this week be as enchanting as it deserves to be!
Elder Tinkham