Well hello there to
all my family and friends! Discarding all the comments from my fellow family
members, I am just loving it out here in the heat of Honduras!
So, this last week we
had changes. I have been changed one last time. I am now opening an area in a
trio with Elder Blaisdell from Idaho and Elder Waylan from San Pedro Sula,
Honduras! I am in a city called Trujillo, waaaaaaaaaaaay far out on the east coast.
We live in probably one of the nicest houses in the mission and have now
divided our area...seeing how it is one HUGE city! At last I have a chance to
breathe and relax a little bit while we struggle to help these people out here
to come closer to Christ! My companions both have very little time, so I am
here to help out as much as I can! After about a 7 hour bus ride we made it,
but we had a zone meeting and had to stay overnight in our district leader’s
house. What an adventure!
So, also, on Tuesday my
old zone decided to give me a little gift for my birthday. Well...you
know...you can tell what they want when they brake down the box and stand
behind me telling me to take a bite of the cake. But to humor them, I bent
down, and they SMASHED my face into the cake! It was hilarious, and very much
enjoyed! I was cleaning it out of my hair for a little bit.
Trujillo is really
pretty! I work in an area where only Garifuna people live, which are native
"black" people that speak Spanish as a second language! It is
awesome! They are all priceless gems and make me so very happy. I always wanted
to die in the Zona Colon, and here I am. So I am just super happy! These people
just make me realize that every day! Especially because on Sunday we had a
sacrament attendance of 135, something I think our little branch has achieved
very few times! I am so stoked for working with them!
But yes, I am very
excited for all of this! Gotta keep on going strong until the end! Don´t expect
slacking off on this side!
Until next time, one
last
Vaya Pues!
Elder
Tinkham