Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Farewell Honduras!‏




After countless times of sitting here and writing, I can honestly say that I cannot believe that this is happening. I don’t want to say goodbye to my belovedly hot home. Just like Kolipoki said, I feel more like I am leaving my home than am going home. It is just too crazy.

This week was a special little blessing to me. I felt the hand of the Lord and His special little ways of getting to each of His children.

On Thursday we had the privilege of hearing from Elder Ochoa of the 70. It was also special for him because he used to be the mission president of the Honduras, San Pedro Sula mission! Wow, what a coincidence! But, to me it was just super special to be able to hear from him, his words of counsel and advice, and even though he spoke mainly about the missionary work, I was able to apply many things to myself personally and what I should do when I find myself back "home." I really appreciated it greatly, and feel like (based upon the things that I have learned) that perhaps that meeting was one of the big reasons why I "stuck around."

It was a really short week full of finding people inspired and prepared by God to receive the gospel. I have met so many amazing people here in Trujillo that I can’t even begin to thank my Father in Heaven for all the blessings received in these last moments.

We had an incredible Sunday. A record-breaking 157 people showed up to our not-so-little branch! This is due in large part to the fact that the members are visiting the less-actives, and the 2 sets of missionaries are bringing more and more people to church. And, the delightful and big-hearted Garifuna people of Trujillo are the secret. To be honest, I have not seen such great love amongst all the people until now. It is something to be praised!

And of course, I had to enjoy the last P-day with a zip-line beach tour. I don’t know if it can get much more incredible!

But yes, I know that this work is the work of the Lord. I don’t know where the last 2 years of my life have gone, but I know that they have been the best. I love being a missionary, and it will certainly be different not walking around with a placita all day every day, but I know that the Lord now has other things in store for me.

For the very last time,
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham

"For behold, this is my work and my glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."