Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, June 17, 2013

New Faces and New Places

Well now, isn’t this just a delightful change in weather! Instead of just being exaggeratingly hot, it is nice and rainy and cool!

Hello to one and all, I hope that you have had an amazing week and that you enjoyed Father’s Day, especially my dad: The best father in this world!

I also hear that my country is coming to your country (and to Utah, specifically!) for a rival soccer game tomorrow! It will be very interesting to see who wins, and what the results will mean for a little gringo from Utah living in Honduras! I am sure that the place will just be on fire with excitement!

So this week was pretty...normal. In the sense that we worked a lot like normal. The not-so-normal was that on Wednesday we had a meeting as Zone Leaders in San Pedro. This was the last meeting of all the zone leaders for the mission Honduras, San Pedro Sula, seeing as how in July there will now be 2 missions. So, it was a bitter-sweet moment as I saw all my friends on the "west side" and thinking that this may very well be the last time that I see them as missionaries. (including Elder Skousen :[ ) but it was a great meeting and I learned a lot. We have had to come up with a vision for our zone since, and we have learned and felt a lot of inspiration.

Apart from that, I went on divisions with Elder Thompson from California to his area. While we were there, I ran into an old friend from Copan! He had headed out there to work, and had returned home. But due to economic trouble and a few recent earthquakes, decided to leave his home village and come to Progreso! Thus, we found each other and had a very sweet reunion! The world is so small...especially in Honduras!

We have been working hard with a few new families, and we even had Ward Conference this Sunday! Sadly, it did not turn out how we had planned. Just, lots of people that said they would go didn’t go. And as such, we didn’t have as good a number of people in church that we had planned. BUT, that just means we have to work hard and try more this week. Seeing as it is the last week of the mission of my companion, I am positive crazy antics are to be had as he does everything he has always wanted to do on his mission. We have lots of investigators that are new to be working with in parts of the area where I have never been. Thanks to that, we have been awful busy, and it has been amazing!

Sorry, no pictures this week.

Vaya Pues!

Elder Tinkham