So this week I was walking around with Elder Mauricio for a day...when the US beat out Honduras in my home town! Well...close to my hometown. I had some mixed feelings until I heard everyone shouting out things and I knew that the USA had scored! Heck yeah! I hope that all of you that were at the game on Tuesday enjoyed it. I know I would have liked to be there...
So yes! I really don't have a ton of time to write, because of the changes they take away P-day on Mondays and change it to Wednesday. But, we are allowed to write a little bit in the morning to let everyone know that we are OK and haven't died in a rapidito-related accident. So yes, we are fine, worry not little flock!
I feel pretty scattered in this letter, and for that I apologize. The week wasn't super outstanding, and we just tried to keep it going. Somehow, I feel sad when people tell us that they are coming to church, and know that they are receiving answers from God...and it just doesn't happen. They let the Lord down, and it really makes us quite disappointed. But these people are great, I love them, and we will just have to do all that much more so that the Spirit is present for these people and that they will come unto the Lord.
We also hung out with Elder Mackay, the AP, on Saturday and Sunday. He came to church with us and really helped us out. He is just an awesome guy and really spiritual. Thus, we had an amazing time and learned a lot. Thanks to that, our baptism was an amazing success! The hermana Juana came to the waters of baptism on Saturday after a very relatively short progressing period. I would send pictures...but...I forgot my SD card back in the house. Sorry! Maybe I could send them on Wednesday. But she is amazing, and she really has learned and grown to love the Lord. Now, she just wants to help her family and change her hometown.
And thus, it was a week in the swamp...because he is from Louisiana. He has really good swamp talk. It was hilarious.
I LOVED the missionary conference! It was just amazing! I am so happy that the general authorities were really focusing on us to work with the members. It really is the BEST way to do missionary work, and I am so ready and happy to get out there and get working! The Lord will bless us as we work as hard as we can with the members to work miracles amongst those who are investigators.
Keep on going strong, then. The Lord will give us the way to work miracles amongst His children.
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham