Hello
to everyone out there in the world outside of the mountains! I always think it
weird how I have to take the bus to Choloma (a major city outside of San Pedro
Sula and the area where we go for our meetings) to be able to use the internet
instead of in the tiny town where I live!
Anyway, this week was
pretty interesting with how a lot of things were cancelled or planned at the
last minute. So, Monday last week is when we find out that we have interviews
with President Veirs the next day. I thought to myself that that was alright, we
would go in the morning, and I didn’t have appointments planned because we
normally have our meeting in the morning that day. Well, we show up and
President Veirs helped me out a lot as usual. Also, I got to see my old
companion, Elder Chen in the office as the Assistant. But, the crazy thing was
that our interview wasn’t scheduled until 12:30 pm! I was expecting something
like 9 am, and so my morning was suddenly free and the afternoon suddenly
booked. So, we had to do some quick appointment shuffling and head off (some 90
minutes to make it to the office).
That also meant that
our normal meeting got pushed back until Wednesday again. With that, I did have
problems. I had an entire morning planned of appointments and service that we
were going to give to an inactive member. But, we just thought we would leave
after listening to the training of our leaders. However, they threw another curve
ball at us that we had to practice the participation we were doing at our stake
activity on Saturday. Once again, we didn’t leave until noon, and my morning
appointments had fallen through! Grrr...but it was a good meeting, I thoroughly
enjoyed it. And, afterwards, turns out that we got a lot of good things done
and we met a lot of people. But through all of that I had to cram myself into a
LOT of buses and I was carrying boxes almost every single time! Sheesh!
After that, the week
starting going normally, except the fact that it rained almost every single
day. Now, I love the rain because I don’t die of heat stroke walking in the
street, but it makes it harder to contact and find people walking along
because, well...nobody is out walking in the street.
Saturday we had a
stake missionary activity. The members could only come if they brought a friend
who didn’t know about the church, or was investigating. So, it was pretty much
awesome for us. It was called Unified through Faith and talked about how the
church started in various countries, followed by a small production from that
country. Our branch got Brazil, and ended up doing a really cool dance that
would have won if there were prizes. But, we also did a production as
missionaries about our daily life as missionaries. It was really funny as a
companionship walked around and a bunch of bad stuff happened, and then all of
a sudden they get a golden reference and the members help them out a ton. Then,
we sang We’ll Bring the World his Truth. Power of the Spirit.
Finally, yesterday was
really cool. We got to eat with our branch president (super good food) and we
starting working more with a few investigators who are new, and they show a lot
of progress! We had a few low-points this week, but we are now looking forward
with faith and going strong!
I hope that everyone
has had an amazing week and will have an even better one this time around!
Until next time, same show, same news anchor!
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham