Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, April 9, 2012

Semana Santa‏


Alright...well, another week has flown by and I find myself once again sitting here writing to my family! What happened with the time! Anyway, I hope that everything has gone well this past week with every single one of you!

Here in Honduras, we experienced Holy Week this past week...and, well...Holy Week is the hottest week of the entire year. We reached an average of 42-45º Celsius or 107-112º Fahrenheit. So basically, we cooked in an oven. And, we could go out and look at the ocean...and have it mock and taunt us.

But, I loved this week! It went so well for us! It was a little difficult around the end of the week, because everyone left the island to go see family or everyone went to the beach. As we were teaching on Sunday we had a view of the ocean, and you could just see a line of heads in the water as they were filled with people, people, people!

I was quite surprised with the turnout of the week. We got to go through with the baptism of Anthony, the son of a recent convert. It was a really special baptism because Hermana Roper, the wife of the senior couple here on the island who is also the Primary President, brought basically the entire primary to come and support him. I was chosen to baptize him, and it ended up being a great service with plenty of investigators and members. Afterwards, as I was changing back, Anthony’s mom says: "Elder, now these cousins of ours want to get baptized too!" So, I replied "Sure, we can work on that!" I was very happy for him and this important decision that he made, and for the support of the talks, testimonies, and for everything the branch did to help us!

We taught people like crazy this week and planned specific lessons so that we could know what scriptures to use and who should be speaking at certain times. Thanks to that, we were able to see very well planned lessons that allowed us to feel the spirit even more. The investigators knew exactly what the purpose of the lessons was and could feel the spirit.

We had a great turnout at church as well, and the branch should start to grow a lot coming soon.

Well, I wish I could write more, but time is just about up. We are doing just great here, only that it is pretty dang hot. I love you all, I wish the best for you in your week, and Keep on going strong in the gospel!

All my love,
Elder Tinkham