Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, April 8, 2013

Kickin´ Up the Heat, Kickin´ Down the Doors‏



Metaphors are not my strong spot.

Anywho...hello! I certainly hope that this e-mail finds everyone well and enjoying life! I also hope that it is possible to have loved conference more than I did! I certainly learned a few lessons: The apostles and seventy love using patterns (or those steps 1-X number steps), that the Lord answers questions we have through the talks if we watch with a prayer in the heart, that Honduran internet isn't very trustworthy watching live-streams, and that the Lord must be pretty darn frustrated working with us imperfect beings!

But yes, if you can find an uneventful week, with a capital B...it was this last week for Elder Tinkham and Elder Dorrough. We worked...and just that! We worked hard! We kicked down the doors of these people to find new investigators, teach progressing investigators, and even made fliers for conference and just went out and contacted the whole world to invite them to come to the session. Well...turns out...I didn't see anyone from our crazy contacts, but we did meet receptive and kind people where we shall be returning to visit. However we did have several people at church and I was just overflowing with joy. I felt good about having investigators there, I felt good about being able to listen to the prophet, I felt good about the inspiration I was receiving...and I felt good being in a room with air conditioning.

The little things in life :)

Soooooo yeah. Oh, also we made a make-shift slip ´n´ slide today for P-day.

Pretty fun...but soap getting everywhere...not so much. And also I got pretty beat up. But fun P-day!

But yes...that is all. Exciting life, huh?

Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham