Alright, yet another week has passed...and I don’t know where it went! I shall begin by saying "Hello!" to all my friends and family and tell them of my desire that they have had the best of times this week!
Here goes the attempt to remember all that happened this week: Well, Tuesday, we had our usual meeting as missionaries, and we always go to Hna. Olga’s house for lunch after. She lives in the branch El Paraiso above the area of Cofradia, so we always eat with the Elders from that area as well. Well, for about 5 weeks now I have been asking to eat something strange. As I began to eat this deliciously flavored meat, I noticed her watching me with a smile. So, I asked "We finally have cow tongue?" She smiled and said yes, so I can now say that I have eaten Cow Tongue...and that I am a fan of it! Later that night, walking to an appointment, I ran into a 12 year old kid who understood and could speak English almost perfectly. So, I did my first ever contact in English...and let me tell you: It was HARD! I kept slipping into Spanish because it is easier to talk about the gospel in Spanish for me at this point.
On Wednesday we went exploring in an area we haven’t been yet called Kakow. A funny name and a very interesting area. You have to cross a very rickety bridge to get to an area that doesn’t appear very big, but if you go up some 15 minutes, you see an ENORMOUS area of huge houses! Crazy!
The rest of the days of this week we just continued working as usual. Contacting, teaching, and attempting to bring even more people closer to Christ. We really do teach a lot, the people here are very loving and let us enter to teach them a lot. It is really great, one of my favorite parts of contacting the people.
On Sunday, even though it rained, we had 2 new people come to church. The rest of the investigators didn’t show up for the rain, but these 2 are now progressing very well and have a true desire to come and learn of Christ.
Today, my companion and I went to the big city, off to San Pedro Sula! I was super lost the whole time, but he took me around because he already knows that place (he has already been out 20 months!) and we were able to laugh a lot, crack lots of jokes, and just enjoy a good p-day. I do really enjoy being with my new companion. It is definitely different, changing companions, especially for the first time! But, even though it is different, it is great because I can learn from a different person and take from his experiences and become a better missionary. We have a lot of fun, but he is also a lot more direct in the lessons and we have really seen an increase in the progression of our investigators. And, still waiting for the papers, we can see baptisms just over the horizon!
Anyway, that was this week. Not much exciting happened, but definitely a great week overall. We are expecting to work even harder this coming week and are hoping that baptisms are on their way! I wish the best for all of you in this coming week, and Happy Valentine’s Day one and all! Here it is El Día de Amor y Amistad...but it isn’t very big overall. Anyway...¡Adios!
All my love,
Elder Tinkham