Mission of
Elder Kenneth Dallin Tinkham
Honduras San Pedro Sula East
August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, December 19, 2011

The week of changes (and not changes)‏

Hello once again to all my family and friends! I hope that you are all having a wondrous time out there in the world! As for us here in Honduras, well, let’s just say that it was a week of changes....and at the same time a week of not changing. I shall start by explaining the no changes first, and in the form of a haiku:

We teach a lot of investigators throughout the week, this is true.
Since the last 2 weeks, we have not dropped any for progression; some like to wear blue! And Rodriguez is staying.

Yes, yes, I get to keep my "father" for another 6 weeks! Which is a little funny, because all of the fathers of my friends from the MTC went home last Wednesday...my dad still has 5 days to go before he reaches a year!

The facts that have changed are quite a few. 1) Elder Rodriguez was made District Leader of our District! Wow! He now has quite a bit more responsibility and it is incredible to see how fast he adjusted to it! 2) We found about 11 new investigators this week! 3) It rained. And rained. And rained. And rained. For 3 days straight! Sheesh! The streets were rivers! 4) Our members are now all extremely friendly and love to feed us. Sometimes we end up with 3 dinners! Gah!

So far, no progress with baptisms or investigators with actual baptismal dates. That is something quite hard for me, but I know that the success will come. We just have to keep working very hard.

Well, my time is nigh at hand! We have less time today because this morning we climbed a mountain. It was freaking awesome, but descending was another story! I will have to send pictures next week...but just know that I was filthy by the end!

I am loving Honduras, and I love being a missionary so very much! I wish you all a very very Merry Christmas, and especially that you may all remember Him in your thoughts this week. It is not about the gifts, but the best gift we have ever received - Jesus Christ.

Love you all! ¡Que les vaya bien!
Elder Tinkham